This position is responsible for providing accounting, financial, payroll, administrative and clerical services in order to ensure proper transaction completion and effective, efficient and accurate accounting records.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following are fundamental duties that an individual who holds the position must perform. This is not an exhaustive list. Other duties, in addition to essential job functions, will be assigned at the discretion of the Accounting Manager.
- Timely completion of month-end journal entries/workpapers
- Ensures month-end reconciliation of applicable subsidiary ledgers to the general ledger
- Reconciliation of corporate bank accounts
- Reconciles/maintains postage accounts in relation to general ledger
- Prepares bi-weekly payroll
- Administers all aspects of ADP payroll system and timekeeping/time-off system
- Assumes ownership of insurance benefit reconciliations
- Processes monthly Xactly commission calculations and associated reports
- Plays a key role in annual payroll renewal period data entry
- Maintains functionality and administration role of Nodus Customer Payment Portal
- Assumes ownership of customer collection process regarding past due invoices
- Prepares quarterly subscription billing batches
- Processes complex customer credit memos
- Maintains Avalara sales tax system of compliance regarding exemption certificates
- Verify/process monthly, quarterly, and annual Avalara sales tax returns in required states
- Complete customer required vendor registrations
- Coordinates timely completion of statutory Fundraising Council registration statements
- Process corporate credit card transactions and ensure documentation compliance
- Administer bi-weekly Concur expense reimbursement approvals/processing
- Backs up other functions in the accounting department as needs arise
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Knowledge of payroll processing skills
- Knowledge of business reporting skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Software skills in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Keyboard and 10-key skills
- Ability to deal with people tactfully and effectively
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or one to three years of professional experience
- Strong understanding of concepts related to generally accepted accounting principles
- Strong software skills – Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit or stand for an extended length of time. The employee should be able to lift 30 pounds or more.
- Spirit of Service
- Establishes personal credibility by adhering to Stelter’s 12 core values and beliefs; acts in line with those values; holds self accountable.
- Demonstrates the highest level of integrity; can be trusted to do the right thing, no matter what the consequences
- Customer Service
- Provides exceptional customer service to existing clients as well as internal and external Stelter Company employees
- Works courteously as a team player with all Stelter staff
- Communicates clearly and professionally with all staff and clients by telephone, in writing and in person. Maintains records, electronic (Salesforce, Clarizen, Great Plains, and related modules) and paper, of all client contacts and pertinent information within established SOP guidelines
- Resolves problems professionally. Accommodates clients’ wishes, within our defined parameters, efficiently, effectively, and with the utmost courtesy
- Manages difficult situations (internal and external clients) in calm, professional manner
- Builds strong relationships with clients to ensure retention
- Shares with and advises other staff based on experience
- Consistently contributes to team and staff meetings
- Evaluates new processes for improvements in quality, efficiency and cost savings and provides feedback to supervisor
- Demonstrates an ability to influence team members and effectively coordinate work projects in the absence of direct authority
- Works collaboratively with other department leadership and with executive management team
- Keeps supervisor apprised of progress, problems and relevant issues
To apply, email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.