Our Senior Content Strategists are creative thinkers who are quick on their feet and ardent multitaskers. They are curious individuals well-versed in grammar style, but with an appreciation for individual voice across various content mediums. They are organized, detail oriented and exact, but their interests are general and widespread. Our Strategists are problem solvers who excel with the spoken as well as the written word, especially in a consulting capacity with our 2,000 national nonprofit clients.
Each Senior Content Strategist is responsible for overseeing the editorial development of client marketing campaigns (print, web, email and social). Combining creative ideas with strategy and vision, Strategists serve as consultants and authors for high-profile national clients and oversee the packaging of editorial materials for more turnkey clients. Strategists also routinely develop new content for Stelter’s library.
- Develop content and messaging strategies for use in direct mail, email, Web and social campaigns. Maintain direct relationships with select high-profile clients. Serve as Editorial voice in onboarding procedures, new product/program launches and other client-facing discussions.
- Help maintain and create new content for Stelter company archive to ensure compliance with current tax laws, rates and editorial style.
- Assemble and edit timely and relevant content for direct mail, digital and social media campaigns.
- Serve as an internal editorial consultant for all departments in response to client requests and the production of marketing materials. Facilitate cross-functional collaboration with all departments to serve client needs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, with or without reasonable accommodation. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- English Language
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Communications, Marketing and Media
- Knowledge of current production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and motivate via written, oral and visual media.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Arts in English, journalism, marketing or related field
- Six to eight years professional editing and writing or related experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with a disability to perform the essential duties.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit or stand for an extended length of time. The employee should be able to lift 30 pounds or more.
- Spirit of Service
- Establishes personal credibility by adhering to Stelter’s 12 core values and beliefs, including teamwork, hard work, integrity and customer service.
- Customer Focus
- Develops and sustains constructive working relationships with customers.
- Values excellence and continuous improvement.
- Communicates effectively in speaking and writing to varying audiences.
- Comprehends the English language at a high level and displays a thorough knowledge of spelling, grammar, punctuation and style.
- Listens actively and synthesizes information quickly.
- Maintains a mature, business-like attitude while dealing with difficult situations.
- Attention to Detail
- Uses critical thinking skills in a broad range of situations.
- Prioritizes tasks with little guidance to manage time.
- Maintains an organized workspace and task list.
- Strives for accuracy and precision in completed work and pays close attention to details.
- Manages multiple projects simultaneously to meet deadlines.
- Produces original or clever ideas and finds creative ways to approach problems/tasks.
- Shows curiosity and an appetite for learning.
To apply, email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.