We keep our attire casual and our attitudes fun, but a Stelter copy editor is all business when it comes to delivering well-written, error-free content on deadline for nonprofit clients, such as universities and charitable organizations, that want to increase donations via planned giving (wills, trusts, etc.). At Stelter, we’re good at having fun, and we have fun being good at what we do.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Copyedits, proofreads and fact-checks internal and external jobs. (95%)
- Reviews and revises internal and external publications to ensure they are well-written and logically structured.
- Proofreads and fact-checks publications to ensure they are grammatically correct and meet established style guidelines.
- Collaborates with editors, designers and client success managers to resolve discrepancies.
- Applies Stelter research, direct response results and insights to the decision-making process.
- Helps maintain the editorial archive to ensure compliance with current tax laws, rates and editorial style. (5%)
- Adheres to standard industry and Stelter style rules and journalistic practices.
- Follows all established SOPs; works within all established guidelines.
- Maintains records in Stelter systems as required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent written English, including spelling and grammar
- Command of style rules associated with print and Web media and adherence to individual clients’ style when required
- A meticulous approach to work and an eye for detail
- The ability to maintain high-quality work while meeting tight deadlines and juggling numerous responsibilities
- A love of and feel for language
- Superior communication skills and proven ability to collaborate well with others
- Proficiency using Macs, Adobe InDesign and Microsoft Office and a comfort with email editing and web editing programs
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in communication-related or marketing-related field
- At least three years professional copyediting experience in the newspaper, magazine and/or content marketing field
To apply, email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.